Ticket Forms are of help to define what information and data that a Requester should supply when submitting in a new ticket. This ticket information should be defined by the Responding users (agents) in order to have everything they need to start remediating tickets.
Manage Ticket Fields
A Ticket Form consists of several Ticket Fields. Each field defines what kind of data it should accept from the user. This enables you to force users to enter certain information in specific fields.
The default ticket fields are always present for a Responding user while just a set of them are visible for the Requesting user that submits the ticket. Default fields can not be deleted.
- Assignee (Responder) - Who is assigned and responsible for the ticket
- Status (Responder) - Status of the ticket (Open, In progress, Closed)
- Priority (Responder) - Internal Responder priority for the ticket (Critical to Low)
- Description (Requester & Responder) - Contains the main description of the ticket
Example of custom fields that you can create:
- Single-line text - User can write any kind of information such as a customer name or a date
- Multi-line text - User can write a lot of information on multiple lines such as a longer message or log data
- Single-selection list - User can select a single option from a list. You define what options a user can pick from.
- Multi-selection list - User can select multiple options from a list. You define what options a user can pick from.
- Single Slack user - Select a single user from your Slack workspace
- Multi Slack user - Select a multiple users from your Slack workspace
The name you give the Ticket Field will be displayed to users when they see the field inside of a form.
Manage Ticket Forms
Ticket Forms contains the following main properties that builds up the form.
- Name - The name which of the form that will be displayed to your users
- Request channels - One or multiple channels this form will be available in to submit a ticket
- Responder channel - The channel where Responding users (agents) will communicate and remediate tickets that have been submitted
- Ticket Fields - The different fields for the form including the order of them